Wednesday, August 3, 2011


(If you want some canning basics, click on the picture above)
Ummm....no I don't. But I do love the idea of it. I have been known to do applesauce, strawberry jam, and corn...but never attempted true canning. Bek, my sister, cans pickles, tomatoes and spaghetti sauce...I wouldn't be surprised if she did more.

This picture (below) is not me...but I wish it were, aside from the scary grin, crazy big apron, pinned curls...you know what I mean. Whenever this time of year rolls around, I think of all the fun things I should can. Don't they look pretty in her pantry?
Well, you might think this post is about canning...but no...I am a little more silly than you have guessed...it's about fabulous pantries. Ha!

Isn't it pretty though? (Don't ask me why my type has turned blue. Going along with all the things I am not good at canning being one of them...I am also terribly inept when it comes to computers.)
Love this cupboard pantry!
This woman redid the inside of her very average pantry by painting the shelves and stenciling and made it oh-so-pretty!

My fav!
Rustic and charming.
Love the ladder.
A whole room dedicated to storing fun things.
Happing canning...if you can...otherwise, happy looking, and enjoying other people's efforts as I do with my sisters canning.

7 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I have a random question for you that I don't want to write on your blog :)

Could you email me?

saffire_06@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I often think the same about canning, and look at Rebekah for inspiration....
Boox

Anonymous said...

Heidi~
Dont be intimidated by cannning Heidi..I think you could handle it beautifully! I tried it for the first time last summer. It was a bit intimidating at first, but rewarding when done. Its honestly not my favorite thing to do, but my hubby gets a sense of caveman gratification by going down into our basement and marveling at the rows and rows of food stocked away. Primal instinct I tell ya:)
p.s. I called you the other day, but Im not sure if I called the right number...its regarding interior decorating, which I think may be right up your alley! Thanks Sunita

Heidi said...

Sunita,

Sorry I didn't get you called back, I was on my way to family night. Then I was busy in the office Tuesday and Wed. I just forgot to call you and yesterday we were busy with Tara's Bachelorette party all day and then today I've been back in the office helping Jarod. I just got your email in the middle of helping Jarod and will try to get you called back sometime this afternoon...I hope! Call me if you don't hear from me!

Love you and hope you are doing well! - Heidi

Heidi said...

I would have emailed you, but realized I don't have your email.

Tasha said...

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and wanted to tell you that I absolutely love it!! You are such an inspiration to me. I’m a friend of your sister Tami, in case you’re wondering! Thanks for blogging!
Tasha

Heidi said...

Thank you Tasha for commenting!